At the Food Bank of North Central Arkansas, we’ve had some measured success this year with Bridges Out of Poverty and are pleased with the responses that we are receiving.
We’ve presented to the following:
- Our school cooperative professional development: 103 participants representing 16 school districts in the Food Bank of North Central Arkansas’ service area. Because of this opportunity we have been asked to provide assistance with SNAP Outreach in the Valley Springs School District and professional development for the teachers and administration of the Bruno/Pyatt School District.
- Arkansas Department of Health: Professional development for about 20 staff members serving the northwest portion of the State of Arkansas, and professional development for about 20 staff members serving the northeast portion of the state. Because of these opportunities we have a stronger relationship with our department of health statewide, and they will be presenters at our agency conference.
- We are also pleased to continue our partnership with Arkansas State University in Mtn. Home where we are offering Getting Ahead classes as well as Bridges Out of Poverty training.
- We will be working in a new partnership with North Arkansas College in Harrison where we will be providing the following over the 2018–19 school year:
- Bridges Out of Poverty training
- Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World groups
- Poverty simulations
- Finally, we have been in conversations this summer with Feeding America regarding our efforts at shortening the line, and we look forward to how we might be able to collaborate with them to offer the Food Bank of North Central Arkansas’ model to the Feeding America network.