Trainer Certification Event
February 2, 9, 16, 23, and March 1, 2024, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Central
This seminar and facilitator training prepares individuals to present the information from Understanding and Engaging Under Resourced College Students (URCS) to faculty and staff in their own colleges and universities as well as understand how to facilitate the Investigations into Economic Class in America curriculum.
The training is recommended for faculty and staff of postsecondary institutions that want a systemic, research-based approach to improving retention and completion rates for their most at-risk students along with a delivery system for under resourced students. In-depth research, instruction, and training materials prepare participants to provide ongoing training to faculty and staff in their colleges or universities.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and strengths that students from poverty bring to the college campus
- Learn new strategies to help under-resourced students succeed in the classroom, on campus, and in life
- Learn tips and tactics for creating a college environment that supports under-resourced students
- Gain insight into harnessing the potential of under resourced students to effect positive change, on campus and in their communities
- Be able to be the instructor and facilitator for the Investigations curriculum on your campus.
Lifetime certified trainers receive one yearly online recertification session for free! Updated training materials are provided when you participate in a three-hour recertification.
Participants must have completed A Framework for Understanding Poverty and Bridges Out of Poverty workshops.
Unable to attend the workshop? On-demand options available.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31 of the second full year following certification.
This recertification can be a renewal of the two-year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate.
Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).
View our event cancellation policy.