I’m grateful for family—by blood, by choice, and by chance. And especially for the gift of motherhood. I hope that everyone can find a slice of peace this holiday and create a joyful memory to take along for the future.
Chestin’s Creole Seafood Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
Ingredients for a family fave! Grab a 9” x 13” casserole dish, a big skillet, and a large mixing bowl.
- 1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread mix (or your favorite gluten-free cornbread mix)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup celery
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 12–14 oz. gluten-free spicy garlic sausage links or andouille sausage links
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat (important to buy lump!)
- ½ pound crawfish tails and/or medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Make the cornbread as indicated by the box.
- While it’s baking, dice vegetables, slice sausage, and lightly season shrimp and crawfish tails. Set aside.
- When the cornbread is done, let it cool, and then crumble it and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 13” x 9” glass casserole dish with butter or gluten-free ghee / cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium / medium-high heat. Sauté celery, onion, and bell pepper until tender, and add minced garlic when other veggies are almost done to avoid burning.
- Add the sausage and shellfish, and cook for 3 minutes; add crabmeat, and continue to cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring gently so the crabmeat keeps its form.
- Add the skillet ingredients to the bowl with the crumbled cornbread.
- Crack and add the eggs, clam juice, chicken broth, and seasoning.
- Mix well, and pour into the greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.