Who is Treasure?
Treasure earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Northeastern State University in Talequah, Oklahoma. She began her career at the Muskogee Chamber of Commerce in 1999 as the program director, served as the vice president of tourism and marketing for six years, and as president and CEO from 2012 to 2016. Under her experienced and creative leadership, the Muskogee Chamber was awarded seven Redbud Awards by the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department.
Treasure was named one of Oklahoma Magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40.” She became a certified True Colors instructor in 2015. Treasure has a passion for helping others and volunteered for Muskogee Bridges Out of Poverty for two years before being named director in July 2016. She has since implemented several new programs for Getting Ahead graduates such as financial literacy classes and a car donation program to help with transportation. Muskogee was named Bridges Out of Poverty’s Community of the Year in 2016.
Treasure’s credentials, degrees, and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern State University in business administration
- Named one of Oklahoma Magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40 Professionals” in Oklahoma
- Certified True Color International presenter
- Certified Bridges Out of Poverty presenter and national consultant
- Tourism Executive Certification from Texas Travel Industry Association
- Led Muskogee Chamber of Commerce’s tourism department to receive six Oklahoma Redbud Tourism Awards:
- Best Marketing Campaign
- Best New Event (ESPN Bassmaster Elite Fishing Tournament and Festival)
- Best Social Media Campaign (Proud to Be an Okie From Muskogee 40th Anniversary)
- Best Brochure (Motorcycle Ride Guide)
- Best Website (Visit Muskogee)
- Merit Award for Tourism Organization of the Year
- Graduate of Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce Executive’s Chamber Management Institute
- Steering committee member and volunteer for Bridges Out Of Poverty
- Board of directors member, Muskogee County Council of Youth Services
Treasure’s work history
- Director, Muskogee Bridges Out of Poverty
- President and CEO, Muskogee Chamber of Commerce
- Tourism Director, Muskogee Chamber of Commerce
- Program Director, Muskogee Chamber of Commerce
- Conference Center Coordinator, Northeastern State University
Treasure’s aha! moment
After attending my first Bridges Out of Poverty workshop conducted by Tom Martindale, my head was spinning. Finally, I knew why I grew up in poverty but didn’t realize it—resources. I was rich in most of the resources, but very low in financial. It was validating to have the vocabulary to express my past. I feel like that is the reason I was able to escape the cycle.
My passions include helping others become their best selves, building relationships across all classes, and teaching financial literacy classes to Getting Ahead graduates. I love to witness the aha! moments and celebrate their successes. I enjoy teaching True Colors Personality Assessments to businesses, facilitating Getting Ahead investigations, and leading youth groups. I also enjoy volunteering in my community to support local efforts like mud volleyball for youth services, music trivia nights for Rotary International, and large music festivals to increase tourism.
Treasure’s best training
My best training was with the Greater Muskogee Area Manufacturers Alliance. These are industry leaders who employ a large number of under-resourced people. When I asked if anyone says anything when the manager comes in 15 minutes late to work, they said no. But when I asked what happens when a person in poverty comes in 10 minutes late, this sparked a wonderful discussion about how many times they have fired their best workers because their truck broke down, causing them to be late. I was excited to see them discuss how easy it would have been to offer help by creating a ride-share program or adjusting the policies in their respective businesses.
What does Treasure do for fun?
I love being a tourist—planning vacations, exploring new cities, relaxing on a cruise, skiing down a mountain, fishing, four-wheeling, and off-roading in my jeep. I enjoy painting, arts and crafts, anything with live music, and live theater.