Who is Shannon?
Shannon is the Director of Technology and Collaborative Services for the Jackson County Intermediate School District in Jackson, Michigan, providing technology services to over 30,000 students spanning two counties and 22 school districts. As a former elementary and middle school teacher, he works to empower educators by bringing new technologies into the classroom and showing educators how to use them to positively impact teaching and learning. He is passionate about connecting educators and assisting them in building their personal learning networks, learning from their experiences, and sharing their stories. He has spoken to thousands of educators, sharing his knowledge on educational technology throughout the state of Michigan, including engagements for the Michigan School Business Officials, the Michigan Association for Educational Data Systems, and Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning.
- M.A. in Educational Technology, Michigan State University
- B.A. in Elementary Education, Michigan State University
- Director of Technology and Collaborative Services, Jackson County ISD
- REMC President Elect, REMC of Michigan
- Director of Technology, East Lansing Public Schools, Michigan
- Website Developer, East Lansing Public Schools, Michigan
- Elementary and Middle School Teacher, East Lansing, Michigan
- Elementary School Teacher, Pleasanton, Califorinia
- Communicating With Your Stakeholders – MSBO Conference
- Technology In Education – Spring Arbor University College of Education
- Teaming Up Technology and Resources to Build a Five-Year Plan – MSBO and MAEDS conferences
- The Connected Educator – Energize Teaching and Learning Through Social Networks – MACUL conference
- Empower Teaching and Learning – Social Media’s Impact on Education and Why Leaders Need to Embrace it Today -MACUL conference
- Bridging the Gap! Technical Staff and Educators Working Together! – MAEDS conference
- Technology Staffing and Levels of Support – MSBO Conference
My true passion is making a difference in the life of a child. I have devoted my professional career to working with educators to improve their teaching practices in the classroom. Outside the classroom, I am a youth sports coach and dedicate my time to helping children reach their full potential on the field while becoming even better people off the field.
What does Shannon do for fun?
I love all things athletics. I love to play and coach baseball, go on long runs, play beach volleyball, and downhill ski.