- For groups of 100 or more who register all participants at once, the workshop price is $40/participant.
This workshop is an in-depth extension of the Bridges Out of Poverty workshop and builds strategies to break down poverty’s barriers and embed new constructs.
Training Prerequisites: Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities and Bridges Out of Poverty: Institutional Lens
The individual and institutional lenses covered in the first two days of Bridges workshops are used to inform the third Bridges workshop, which looks at poverty’s barriers through the lens of the community.
Highlights of this workshop include the following topics:
- Begin with the end in mind
- The Getting Ahead series and methodology: Getting Ahead is different
- Partnerships in healthcare
- Community sustainability grid
- Social capital and community assessment
- Analyzing resources: “getting by” vs. “getting ahead” resources
- Two-generation program
- Felon reentry class
- Bridges workshops for the community
- Bridges attorney
- Getting Ahead graduate results, CharityTracker reports
- Bridges Steering Committee
- Typical steps for developing a Bridges community
- Criteria for a Bridges community
Duration: 2 hours 31 minutes