Approx. duration: 4 hours
- The workshop price is $75 with a book mailed to you (plus a Nook ebook), or $65 with a free ebook on Nook.
- For groups of 100 or more who register all participants at once, the workshop price is $50/participant with a book mailed to you(plus a Nook ebook), or $40/participant with free ebooks on Nook.
Every evening on the news, there are multiple stories about violence and anger erupting. Workplace and school violence are increasingly a reality. Using a brain-based approach, this session looks at the underlying causes of anger, anxiety, and violence; how they develop; and the tools that can be used to change those responses. Emotions are processed 200 to 5,000 times faster than thought. To change behavior, the motivation for the behavior must be changed. This session will provide understandings on how that can be used with family, relationships, institutions, and oneself.
- Provides understandings of origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Gives a language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Provides tools for educators to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Helps educators manage the “classroom dance” that occurs between the educator and the students
- Provides the tools to motivate good behavior
- Identifies the differences in male and female emotional processing