5+ copies: Save $5 each; 350+ copies: Save $9 each
- Author: Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
- ISBN: 978-1-948244-13-8
Address anger, anxiety, and violence in the classroom with strategies and best practices that work in classrooms. Under-resourced students, wealthy students, and students in all demographics can benefit from calming and healing techniques Ruby Payne, author of A Framework for Understanding Poverty, shares in this book.
- Provides understandings of origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Gives a language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Provides tools for educators to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Helps educators manage the “classroom dance” that occurs between the educator and the students
- Provides the tools to motivate good behavior
- Identifies the differences in male and female emotional processing
“It was one of the most riveting speeches I have ever heard you give, and it gave us a sense of reassurance we all desperately needed. People cannot wait to get your book on emotional poverty. The information you provide can and will save the lives of so many children.”
—Jimmy C. Stokes, Ed.D.
Georgia Association of Educational Leaders
Winner of a 2019 IPPY award!