- Author: Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
- ISBN: 978-1-948244-18-3
Preorder now! Ships early August!
Will teaching ever be worth it?
Bad news first: Teachers, especially new teachers, are often undervalued, underequipped, and unprepared for the reality of high-poverty classrooms. The result is frustration, fear, and a loss of idealism and enthusiasm, fatal flaws for someone facing 30 fourth-graders and a besieged principal every day. Hopelessness can set in fast.
But before you quit, realize this: Not only can you survive, you can experience the joy and satisfaction you expected when you first decided to teach. Besides, your students need you.
Bestselling author Ruby Payne, Ph.D. was once where you are now. Her insights and solutions are at once personal and professional, and they will help guide you to the knowledge, resources, and mindset you need to create a future story of success and satisfaction.
You’ll learn to:
- Find hope when all seems hopeless
- Understand the value you bring and the value you get
- See through the myths that mask stressors and obstacles
- Avoid classroom and professional drama
- Self-assess against rubrics for expertise
- Deal with difficult principals, and “manage up”
- Understand and plan for classroom procedures and testing schedules
- And so much more!
“A ‘boots on the ground’ guide full of actionable data that empowers young teachers to thrive in the most challenging classrooms.”
–Michael Curl, Middle School Principal, Baytown, Texas
Why should you keep teaching? Let Dr. Payne show you what’s missing. Now is the time to rediscover your passion and evolve into the teacher your students need.