Here are some of the most commonly asked aha! Process questions we receive about our K–12 work. If you don’t see your question here or you still need more information, please call us at (800) 424-9484, or send in your question.
How can I schedule an aha! Process consultant to present a workshop at my school?
- Please call one of our professional development account representatives at (800) 424-9484. Choose menu option 4.
- Complete this online request, and one of our account representatives will contact you within one business day.
Do your consultants offer only full-day workshops?
- No. We can adapt our trainings to meet your specific needs, including timeframes. Our standard workshop day is 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m., which includes an hour and a half for lunch and two 15-minute breaks. We can also provide shorter sessions (e.g., keynote, breakout, 1–2 hour overview, half-day workshops, etc.).
Do you have any consultants in my area?
- Please check out our consultant bio pages, or call our professional development account representatives at (800) 424-9484 and choose menu option 4.
Are we required to purchase books for our workshop?
- Most of our workshops do not require a book purchase, but some do require participants to have a specific book or workbook to receive the full benefit of the training. Some workshops do not require materials to be purchased, but most do have optional books and/or workbooks that are recommended to increase workshop participants’ understanding.
How many participants can we have in our workshop?
- For most of our workshops, you can have as many participants as you can seat comfortably in the meeting room. We have a few trainings that have a maximum number of participants due to the hands-on nature of the training. Please check with your account representative about the specific workshop you are interested in.
Which workshop should I start with?
- We always recommend that schools start with the workshop A Framework for Understanding Poverty. It includes the foundational constructs on which all of our workshops are based. It is not a prerequisite for our other trainings, but we highly recommend starting here, since many of our other workshops build on these constructs.
Are there prerequisites for the workshops?
- A few of our workshops do have prerequisite. Please check out the workshop page for the workshop you are interested in to determine if there is a prerequisite.
How can I be trained to present the workshop A Framework for Understanding Poverty in my school district?
- We offer trainer certification in A Framework for Understanding Poverty and Research-Based Strategies once a year. Please choose an event on our events page to view upcoming training dates.
What is the difference between the two-year certification and lifetime certification?
- The two-year certification expires December 31 of the second year after your original certification (i.e., if you certify in June 2013, your certification expires in December 2015). You will need to recertify online in order to keep your certification current.
- The lifetime certification does not have an expiration date, and you are not required to recertify in order to continue training. You will be offered the opportunity to attend one online recertification per calendar year at no cost.
Where do I find my Trainer ID? What do I do with it?
- Your Trainer ID should be printed directly on your certificate. If you misplace it, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send you a copy. When you make a purchase from our store, be sure to enter your Trainer ID during checkout to get free shipping!
I have attended the Framework workshop to fulfill the prerequisite for the trainer certification, but I do not have a certificate to verify my attendance.
- You will not be required to show proof of attendance at the prerequisite workshop. The trainer certification workshop is designed with the understanding that all participants have already been trained in A Framework for Understanding Poverty and Research-Based Strategies. We find that participants who have not completed the prerequisite do not get the full benefit of the trainer certification workshop.
I am tax exempt, but the online store is charging me tax.
- Please fax your tax exempt form to (281) 426-8705, or email it to email@example.com, and your tax will be refunded the next business day. If you prefer to place the order on the phone, please call our office at (800) 424-9484 and choose menu option 3.
I need to return a book I ordered from you. What do I need to do?
- Please call our office at (800) 424-9484 and choose menu option 6.
What is your return policy?