Yolanda Williams of Snow Hill, North Carolina, is a passionate science teacher. Having been an educator since 1999, she has had a great impact on many students by bringing science alive. Yolanda encourages her students to strive for academic excellence and pushes them to be the best in and out of the classroom.
Mrs. Williams is a leader in the field of education. She has outstanding classroom management and a great rapport with students and parents, which is evidenced by her extremely low number of discipline referrals and her students’ high rate of proficiency and growth on state mandated tests. She was very instrumental in increasing the graduation rate in Greene County, North Carolina, from 62% to 87%.
- Earth/Environmental Science and Honors and Standard Biology teacher
- Junior varsity volleyball coach
- Club sponsor
- School Improvement Team member
- Science Department chair
- Student intern supervisor
- Beginning teacher PLC facilitator
- Administrative intern
- M.A. in Executive Leadership Studies (K–12), Gardner-Webb University, 2013
- B.S. in Biology, East Carolina University, 1999
- B.A. in Psychology, East Carolina University, 1998
- Traveling with her husband and three children
- Singing and playing the clarinet