Who is Kristin?
Kristin is a skilled and experienced presenter who adds an enthusiastic energy to any learning environment. Students and participants alike benefit from her desire to learn and teach.
Having the dynamic Dr. Rita Pierson as a mother and a mentor afforded Kristin the confidence and ability to connect with an audience in a very special way.
- Master of Education in Administration, Sam Houston State University
- Early Childhood-4 Teaching Certification
- Generalist 4-8 Teaching Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Spelman College
- Escamilla Intermediate, Aldine ISD
- Beneke Elementary, Spring ISD
- S.J. Williamson Elementary, Galena Park ISD
- Havard Elementary, Galena Park ISD
What are Kristin’s passions?
Teaching is a gift, a talent, an art form. Regardless of the subject, the art of passing on knowledge is an event worthy of celebration. After 12 years as an educator, Kristin still feels that euphoric high of enlightening a group of passionate (and not so passionate) learners.
Educating and working with families from poverty has been a driving force for Kristin since her career began in 2003. She has always found her home in challenging, urban public school districts, preferring to work specifically with students who are performing well below standards. With a focus on building relationships, connecting with parents and raising expectations, Kristin has become an undeniable asset as a primary/intermediate teacher and reading interventionist.
What does Kristin do for fun?
When not in the classroom or consulting, Kristin enjoys volunteer work, reading, home improvement projects and working towards the completion of her first children’s book.