Getting Ahead fits into an array of programs and activities in a community that seek to support people in poverty – domestic violence shelters, food pantries, Head Start, community action agencies, and more.
Click on the links below to read about how communities and community organizations are sponsoring Getting Ahead workshops to help individuals build resources and transition out of poverty.
Danville Area Community College, Danville IL graduates a Getting Ahead class. The Getting Ahead program fulfills a need identified by the equity and inclusion committee Boyd serves on as part of DACC’s involvement in the national Achieving the Dream movement. That movement focuses on closing achievement gaps and accelerating the success of low-income students and students of color.
Bridges to Hope, Detroit MI, graduates it’s first Getting Ahead Class
- Akron, Summit County, OH: Getting Ahead is offered in five locations.
- Bartlesville OK: First Newsletter: Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Bartlesville OK: First Newsletter: Volume 1, Issue 1: Extra Information.
- Claremore, OK: Rogers County Getting Ahead begins efforts to combat area poverty
- Dubuque, IA: Premier Edition of the Getting Ahead newsletter features results, photos, quotes, terminology, and how Getting Ahead affects tax dollars.
- Gainesville, FL: Bridges to Prosperity newsletter features financial skills and Getting Ahead. Forty-seven Getting Ahead graduates have participated in the program since the startup in January 2012.
- Harford, MD: GA grads speak before Maryland State’s Governor’s Office for Children and Harford County Leaders.
Hartford CT: All 16 of our Getting Ahead Investigators made it through the entire 9 weeks. Quite an accomplishment! For more photos, click here!
- Mt. Gilead, OH: Five men, two women, and a baby graduate from Getting Ahead.
- Reno, NV: Bridges to a Thriving Nevada News and Update. For a fairly new Bridges site, Bridges to a Thriving Nevada has a lot going on.
- Starkville, MS: Newsletter.
- Stillwater OK: Developing a complete Bridges and Getting Ahead Model. Here’s a quick update from Quinn Schipper of Stillwater CARES.
- Washington, PA: Community celebrates Getting Ahead graduation.
- Winston-Salem, NC: Goodwill Industries report on their first Getting Ahead group.
To learn about offering Getting Ahead in other organizational settings and for different groups, click below:
Ready to help people in your community build their resources? Call us at (800) 424-9489 or request more information.