Rebecca Yount

Rebecca Yount headshotWho is Rebecca?

Rebecca grew up the daughter of civil servants in small town Oklahoma, with roots in rural farming Missouri. She has lived in Oklahoma City, Washington DC, traveled extensively abroad and now calls Denver, Colorado home. Rebecca has a natural ability to connect with people from all walks of life. Her professional experiences range from health and mental health, international development, disaster response, working with faith based organizations and bridging the gap between nonprofit and for-profit entities. She began her work around issues of poverty while in undergrad and continues to work collaboratively across all sectors.

Credentials

Degrees

• Master of Arts in Social Change
  • Bachelor’s in Business Administration
  • Bachelor’s in Religion

Work History

• Principal and President, Rebecca Lynn Consulting
  • Marketing and Development Manager, Ten Thousand Villages Denver
  • Team Lead and Crisis Counselor, Colorado disaster response team
  • Trainer, Mental Health Association in Tulsa
  • Public Policy Advocate, Church World Service

Rebecca’s aha! moment

I studied the various implications of poverty and social understandings of economics, people and how society does/does not respond to addressing poverty in my masters work. My aha! moment came while attending my first Bridges Out of Poverty training. Bridges gave me the language to talk to people about what I had studied and why I continue to work towards a just, equatable society.

Rebecca’s passions

I am passionate about a fair wage for all, the right to health and mental health, creating positive social change through meaningful collaborative efforts and the opportunity to learn from people from all economic environments.

What does Rebecca do for fun?

I love being outdoors, hiking, biking and skiing in beautiful Colorado. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends, singing, painting and working on creative projects.

One-Page Consultant Bio