Kent State University – Salem and aha! Process worked together to train 90 licensed practical nursing (LPN) students in Columbiana and Trumbull counties, Ohio, in Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World. The goal was to meet the increasing demand for nurses by improving retention rates in LPN programs, particularly among disadvantaged adults. Results:
- 58 participants reported that they would increase their personal resources.
- Another 21 participants stated that the skills they learned would help them retain their current jobs.
- One respondent reported that she “gained more money and responsibilities at my job because my supervisor felt she could trust in me and truly rely on me.”
- Another respondent reported that she “learned language skills for interviews.”
- A third respondent said the training helped her to “improve on certain areas of relationships, both personal and professional.”
- Read more.