Dr. Ruby K. Payne offers effective ways to deal with the emotional poverty that’s causing students to be out of control.
Watch this one-minute video from Dr. Ruby K. Payne for a preview of the strategies she can teach your staff to address the anger and anxiousness that comes from emotional poverty.
The Emotional Poverty workshop is based on Dr. Payne’s new book, Emotional Poverty in All Demographics: How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety, and Violence in the Classroom. During this critically important workshop teachers will learn:
- The origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- A language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Strategies to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Tools to motivate good behavior
- The differences in male and female emotional processing
Book the Emotional Poverty workshop as part of your back-to-school professional development and lay the groundwork for a more productive, safer learning environment.
Build your knowledge of emotional poverty
Read Emotional Poverty in All Demographics and get a preview of the topics and strategies your team will learn in the Emotional Poverty workshop.