In her new book and workshop, Emotional Poverty in All Demographics: How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety, and Violence in the Classroom, Dr. Ruby K. Payne explains the link between emotional poverty and disruptive behavior. Include the Emotional Poverty workshop as part of your back-to-school professional development and help establish the groundwork for a more productive and safer learning environment.
During this critically important workshop teachers will learn:
- The origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- A language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Strategies to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Tools to motivate good behavior
- The differences in male and female emotional processing
Educators are invited to use coupon code TEACHER to receive the quantity discount of $5 per copy on orders of just 1–4 copies and free shipping on up to 20 copies!
Preview the book, then schedule a workshop
Read an excerpt from Emotional Poverty to get a preview of the topics and strategies your team will learn in the corresponding workshop.