The Mexico Sustainability Project was formed in Mexico, Missouri, in September 2018. The formation of the group happened after the community had participated in a number of events from aha! Process, including A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Bridges Out of Poverty, and Workplace Stability. A group from the project also attended the Addressing the Challenges of Poverty conference.
Soon after forming the Mexico Sustainability Project, the community participated in Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World trainer certification. This September, the first Getting Ahead groups will begin a 20-week version of the experience. Each Getting Ahead session includes dinner, and participants are paid a stipend to attend.
The Mexico Sustainability Project has also had member Dana Keller certified to provide the Workplace Stability workshop, and an Emotional Poverty training was held there a few days ago.
Special Report: Why Do Students Misbehave? Lecture Gives Insight into Emotional Poverty
If you are interested in building an aha! Process community, you will find the Mexico, Missouri, timeline helpful. The progress they have made through the workshops from aha! Process is a great model. This is how you create a common language about poverty and mobilize individuals and institutions to address the challenges.
- 10.30.2017 A Framework for Understanding Poverty
- 01.03.2018 Boys in Crisis
- 03.24.2018 Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop (attended by representatives of the school district, city, county, and chamber)
- 04.24.2018 Workplace Stability
- 07.24.2018 Bridges to Sustainable Communities
- 09.11.2018 Mexico Sustainability Project Advisory Board formed
- 09.23.2018 Addressing the Challenges of Poverty Conference
- 12.07.2018 Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World Trainer Certification
- 02.11.19 Workplace Stability Trainer Certification
- 08.16.2019 Emotional Poverty
- 09.10.2019 Getting Ahead classes begin
- 09.22.2019 Addressing the Challenges of Poverty Conference (attended by representatives of the school district, city, county, and chamber)
Not sure if this is the path for you? Contact us to build the aha! Process community that works for you.
This post was written by aha! Process