Additional reading and activities may be assigned before and during this training. The work outside of the online training will take no more than two hours.
Has it been two years since you were certified? Renew your Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World certification!
Getting Ahead facilitators help under-resourced individuals to:
- Take charge of their lives
- Complete a self-assessment of their own resources and make plans to build them
- Develop a series of mental models to examine their own lives and create new future stories
- Help stabilize their lives
- Investigate the impact that poverty has had on themselves and their community
- Use this information to build resources for a better life and community
Facilitator recertification covers topics like philosophy, theory, motivation and incentives, long-term support, mental models, content and process, and practice sessions. Additionally, you will receive:
- The newest Getting Ahead PowerPoint slides
- Personalized follow-up coaching
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification. Recertification may be done as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).
Participants must be certified Getting Ahead facilitators.
To learn more about the distinguishing characteristics of Getting Ahead and the Getting Ahead series of books, please follow this link.
Please note that, if you are registering within five business days of this event, you will be charged for expedited shipping of the training materials. Please contact Gail Gibson at email@example.com or (281) 502-3006 to provide payment information for the expedited shipping.
View our event cancellation policy.