Certified Facilitator Training
Become a Getting Ahead facilitator and help under-resourced individuals to:
- Take charge of their lives
- Complete a self-assessment of their own resources and make plans to build them
- Develop a series of mental models to examine their own lives and create new future stories
- Help stabilize their lives
- Investigate the impact that poverty has had on themselves and their community
- Use this information to build resources for a better life and community
Facilitator training includes the following topics: philosophy, theory, motivation and incentives, long-term support, mental models, content and process, and practice sessions. Additionally, you will receive:
- Overview of Getting Ahead PowerPoint slides
- Preparation to facilitate Getting Ahead groups
- Personalized follow-up coaching
- Getting Ahead workbook and Facilitator Notes for Getting Ahead (the set)
Audience Size: Limited to 70 participants.
If it has been longer than one year since you have participated in a Bridges Out of Poverty workshop or listened to the audio workshop, then you will need to either attend the workshop again or listen to the audio workshop to be fully prepared for the Getting Ahead facilitator training.
Participants must have attended a Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities workshop.
Unable to attend these workshops? Fulfill the prerequisite by listening to the Bridges Audio Workshop, an audio recording of the workshop. Use the discount code BRIDGESTRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Bridges Audio Workshop Kit.
The certified training is being held in the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, 1715 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203.
There is no room block of reserved rooms. If you would like to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, please contact the hotel directly at (615) 369-5900. Let the hotel staff know you will be attending the certified training.
There are a number of other hotels in the area that you can contact for reservations.