Additional reading and activities may be assigned before and during this training. The work outside of the online training will take no more than two hours.
This online event takes place over five separate days (see dates below). Attendance is required at all six sessions to receive a trainer certification.
- January 22, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- January 29, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 5, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 12, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 19, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
This certified training prepares you to present the A Framework for Understanding Poverty workshop to individuals in your organization and partnering organizations. Comprehensive research and training materials are provided.
As a certified trainer, you will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly trainer tips
- Ongoing updates
- Online support
- Free shipping
- $1.50 per book discount with the purchase of 50 or more books of the same title
The online training has six sessions of three hours each. There will be activities that you will need to complete before the training begins, as well as each week of the training. Once the six sessions and all activities are completed, a certificate of completion will be sent to you via email.
Lifetime trainer certificate holders will receive one yearly online recertification session for free! Updated training materials are provided when you participate in a three-hour recertification.
This course uses VOIP technology, and we strongly recommend using a headset. If you need a headset, you may purchase one from our online store.
Please note that, if you are registering within five business days of this event, you will be charged for expedited shipping of the training materials. Please contact Gail Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 502-3006) to provide payment information for the expedited shipping.
View our cancellation policy.
In order to meet the prerequisite, you must have completed one of the following:
– Attend a Ruby Payne or aha! National Consultant presentation of the A Framework for Understanding Poverty: 10 Actions to Educate Students and Research-Based Strategies workshops.
– You may also attend these workshops if provided by your organization’s Framework certified trainer.
– Unable to attend the workshops? Fulfill the prerequisite with A Framework for Understanding Poverty On-Demand Training.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification. This recertification can be a renewal of the 2-year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate.
Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).