Additional reading and activities may be assigned before and during this training. The work outside of the online training will take no more than two hours.
This online event takes place over six separate days (see dates below). Attendance is required at all six sessions to receive a trainer certification.
- January 30, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 6, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 13, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 20, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- February 27, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
- March 6, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Central
This certified training prepares you to present the A Framework for Understanding Poverty workshop to individuals in your organization and partnering organizations. Comprehensive research and training materials are provided.
Need help meeting your prerequisite? Use the discount code FWTRAINER to receive 50% OFF the A Framework for Understanding Poverty Audio Workshop. See “Prerequisites” tab above for more details.
As a participant, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Bridges strategies and processes.
- Develop effective poverty reduction strategies for your organization and community.
- Network with and learn from others passionate about ending poverty.
- Become an agent of change for your organization or community.
- Tailor the Bridges strategies to your organization’s needs.
The online training has six sessions of three hours each. There will be activities that you will need to complete before the training begins, as well as each week of the training. Once the six sessions and all activities are completed, a certificate of completion will be sent to you via email.
Lifetime trainer certificate holders will receive one yearly online recertification session for free! Updated training materials are provided when you participate in a three-hour recertification.
Please note that, if you are registering within five business days of this event, you will be charged for expedited shipping of the training materials. Please contact Gail Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 502-3006) to provide payment information for the expedited shipping.
View our cancellation policy.
In order to meet the prerequisite, you must have completed one of the following:
– Attend a Ruby Payne or aha! National Consultant presentation of the A Framework for Understanding Poverty: 10 Actions to Educate Students and Research-Based Strategies workshops.
– You may also attend these workshops if provided by your organization’s Framework certified trainer.
– Unable to attend the workshops? Fulfill the prerequisite by listening to the A Framework for Understanding Poverty Audio Workshop, an audio recording of both workshops delivered to you in CD form. Use the discount code FWTRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Framework Audio Workshop Kit.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification. This recertification can be a renewal of the 2-year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate.
Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).