Additional reading and activities may be assigned before and during this training. The work outside of the online training will take no more than two hours. The training days include a one-hour break for lunch.
September 1, 8, and 15, 2020, 11am – 2pm Central
Become certified to take the insights from the Emotional Poverty training back to your school or district. Train others to help students understand and process emotions more effectively.
The workshop addresses emotional poverty and builds emotional wealth in your students.
- Provides understandings of origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Gives a language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Provides tools for educators to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Helps educators manage the “classroom dance” that occurs between the educator and the students
- Provides the tools to motivate good behavior
- Identifies the differences in male and female emotional processing
Participants will receive a copy of Ruby Payne’s book Emotional Poverty, along with a USB drive containing a PowerPoint presentation and other resources.
“It was one of the most riveting speeches I have ever heard you give, and it gave us a sense of reassurance we all desperately needed. People cannot wait to get your book on emotional poverty. The information you provide can and will save the lives of so many children.”
—Jimmy C. Stokes, Ed.D.
Please note that if you are registering within five business days of this event, you will be charged for expedited shipping of the training materials. Please contact Gail Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 502-3006) to provide payment information for the expedited shipping.
Final note: Lifetime certification is not available for Emotional Poverty. If you select the lifetime certification option, your certification will still expire at the end of the second year.
Participants must have attended an Emotional Poverty on-site, public, or online workshop.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification. This recertification can be a renewal of the Two-Year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate. Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).
- 2-Year Trainer Certification: $795
- Length: 9 hours over 3 days
View our event cancellation policy.