How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety, and Avoidance in the Classroom
October 8, 2019
This event will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Concord in the Grand Ballroom.
Address emotional poverty and build emotional wealth in your students.
- Provides understandings of origins of anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Gives a language to talk about brain regulation, integration, and emotional competence
- Provides tools for educators to address and reduce anger, anxiety, and avoidance
- Helps educators manage the “classroom dance” that occurs between the educator and the students
- Provides the tools to motivate good behavior
- Identifies the differences in male and female emotional processing
Participants will each receive a copy of the new book from Ruby Payne, Emotional Poverty. Ruby will be available to sign books during the day.
“It was one of the most riveting speeches I have ever heard you give, and it gave us a sense of reassurance we all desperately needed. People cannot wait to get your book on emotional poverty. The information you provide can and will save the lives of so many children.”
—Jimmy C. Stokes, Ed.D.
An extended lunch hour will be provided. Lunch will be “on your own.”
View our cancellation policy.
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Concord
7831 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28027
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.