Trainer Certification Event
June 22–24, 2020, 8:30am – 3:30pm Central
This seminar and facilitator training prepares individuals to present the information from Understanding and Engaging Under Resourced College Students (URCS) to faculty and staff in their own colleges and universities as well as understand how to facilitate the Investigations into Economic Class in America curriculum.
Need help meeting your prerequisite? Use the discount code CAATRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Bridges Audio Workshop Kit. See “Prerequisites” tab above for more details.
The training is recommended for faculty and staff of postsecondary institutions that want a systemic, research-based approach to improving retention and completion rates for their most at-risk students along with a delivery system for under resourced students. In-depth research, instruction, and training materials prepare participants to provide ongoing training to faculty and staff in their colleges or universities.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and strengths that students from poverty bring to the college campus
- New strategies to help under-resourced students succeed in the classroom, on campus, and in life
- Tips and tactics for creating a college environment that supports under-resourced students
- Insight into harnessing the potential of under resourced students to effect positive change, on campus and in their communities
- Be able to be the instructor and facilitator for the Investigations curriculum on your campus
As a certified trainer, you will receive the following benefits:
- Ongoing updates
- Online support
- Free shipping
- $1.50 per book discount with the purchase of 50 or more books of the same title
Additionally, as a lifetime certified trainer, you will:
- Receive one yearly online recertification session for free! Updated training materials are provided when you participate in a three-hour recertification.
Participants must have attended an Understanding and Engaging Under-Resourced College Students workshop.
Unable to attend the workshop? Fulfill the prerequisite by listening to the Bridges Audio Workshop. Use the discount code CAATRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Bridges Audio Workshop Kit.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification.
This recertification can be a renewal of the two-year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate.
Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).
- Lifetime Trainer Certificate: $1299
- 2-Year Trainer Certification: $795
- Length: 3 days