Trainer Certification Event
June 24–27, 2019
Register now! Early-bird pricing ends March 31, 2019.
This seminar and facilitator training prepares individuals to present the information from Understanding and Engaging Under Resourced College Students (URCS) to faculty and staff in their own colleges and universities as well as understand how to facilitate the Investigations into Economic Class in America curriculum.
Need help meeting your prerequisite? Use the discount code CAATRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Bridges Audio Workshop Kit. See “Prerequisites” tab above for more details.
The training is recommended for faculty and staff of postsecondary institutions that want a systemic, research-based approach to improving retention and completion rates for their most at-risk students along with a delivery system for under resourced students. In-depth research, instruction, and training materials prepare participants to provide ongoing training to faculty and staff in their colleges or universities.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and strengths that students from poverty bring to the college campus
- New strategies to help under-resourced students succeed in the classroom, on campus, and in life
- Tips and tactics for creating a college environment that supports under-resourced students
- Insight into harnessing the potential of under resourced students to effect positive change, on campus and in their communities
- Be able to be the instructor and facilitator for the Investigations curriculum on your campus
As a certified trainer, you will receive the following benefits:
- Ongoing updates
- Online support
- Free shipping
- $1.50 per book discount with the purchase of 50 or more books of the same title
Additionally, as a lifetime certified trainer, you will:
- Receive one yearly online recertification session for free! Updated training materials are provided when you participate in a three-hour recertification.
View our event cancellation policy.
Participants must have attended an Understanding and Engaging Under-Resourced College Students workshop.
Unable to attend the workshop? Fulfill the prerequisite by listening to the Bridges Audio Workshop. Use the discount code CAATRAINER at checkout to receive 50% OFF the Bridges Audio Workshop Kit.
Trainers must recertify every two years by December 31st of the second full year following certification.
This recertification can be a renewal of the two-year Trainer Certification or an upgrade to a Lifetime Trainer Certificate.
Recertification may be done online or as an on-site workshop (only with sufficient demand).
We have been looking at strategies and approaches to better support our under-resourced college students and impact our campus.
I would like to take the next step and become a certified trainer of a strategy that looks at diversity through the lens of economic class. May I have your approval to attend the College Achievement Alliance three-day certification training?
Training date and location: XYZ
The certification training will provide me with an opportunity to connect with other like-minded individuals as I gain the knowledge we need to be able to help our faculty and staff better understand our students who live in daily instability. These three days are dedicated to providing me the tools necessary to return to our campus and immediately facilitate the workshop.
These are the outcomes I will return with:
- The ability to improve retention and completion rates
- Strategies to strengthen the first-year experience of students from poverty
- Strategies that support student persistence
Lifetime certification: $1,299
Thank you for your consideration of this request. aha! Process has used Duffy Travel to negotiate a discounted rate at the hotel if I book early.
Submitted with high hopes,