On-Demand! No Date!
A Framework for Understanding Poverty: 10 Actions to Educate Students
This training fulfills the prerequisite for the A Framework for Understanding Poverty Trainer Certification.
This web-based training gives you in-depth information to help you understand class differences and 10 actions you can implement the next day in the classroom to achieve impact. This workshop is based on the book A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
After participating in this workshop, you will:
- Use concrete strategies that impact the achievement of students from poverty
- Better understand how economic class affects behaviors and mindsets
- Develop stronger relationships with their students to impact behavior and achievement
- Identify key instructional strategies that meet the needs of the under-resourced learner
- Understand the hidden rules of economic classes and how they apply to their classrooms
- Reduce their discipline referrals
10 Actions to Educate students include:
- Hidden rules
- Mental models
- Family structure
- Updated case studies
- Family dynamics
- Your personal experience with class
- The role of language registers
- Discourse patterns and story structure
- The importance of relationships
Please note that this training is provided by EduHero. The content of the EduHero course was created in close collaboration with Ruby Payne and fulfills the prerequisite for trainer certifications that require Framework.
Sorry, registration for this event has ended. Please see our list of events for other options.