Approx. duration: 3 hours
- The workshop price is $75 with a book mailed to you (plus the ebook), or $65 with the ebook only.
- For groups of 100 or more who register all participants at once, the workshop price is $50/participant with the paperback and the ebook or $40/participant with the ebook only.
A Framework for Understanding Poverty: 10 Actions to Educate Students
This training fulfills the prerequisite for the A Framework for Understanding Poverty Trainer Certification.
This web-based training gives you in-depth information to help you understand class differences and 10 actions you can implement the next day in the classroom to achieve impact. This workshop is based on the book A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
After participating in this workshop, you will:
- Use concrete strategies that impact the achievement of students from poverty
- Better understand how economic class affects behaviors and mindsets
- Develop stronger relationships with their students to impact behavior and achievement
- Identify key instructional strategies that meet the needs of the under-resourced learner
- Understand the hidden rules of economic classes and how they apply to their classrooms
- Reduce their discipline referrals
10 Actions to Educate students include:
- Hidden rules
- Mental models
- Family structure
- Updated case studies
- Family dynamics
- Your personal experience with class
- The role of language registers
- Discourse patterns and story structure
- The importance of relationships