Ruby Payne picked this recipe up in her travels. Enjoy!
1 ½ sticks of butter (6 oz) softened
1 ¾ cup of sugar
3 egg yolks, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy
- With mixer on medium, incorporate yolks and eggs – one to two at a time
- Scrape down the bowl very well and mix in vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk well.
- With mixer on low, stream in half of dry ingredients and then half the milk and mix. Then repeat for the other half.
- Scrap the bowl well again and then mix on medium for about 30 seconds.
- Bake in an 9X13 pan at 350 degrees until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
1 quart of milk
¾ cup of cream of coconut milk
1 cup sugar
½ cup dark caramel sauce or 1 cup of light caramel sauce
1 cup of heavy cream
Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Add all of the ingredients to mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks occur.
Using a platter with edges, turn the cake out in the center. Slowly pour the milk over the cake. If the milk is still warm, place the cake in the refrigerator before topping with the whipped cream or it will melt. Cover the top with the whipped cream, sprinkle with toasted coconut, and garnish with caramel sauce.
This post was written by Jesse Conrad