Customized workshops that prepare participants to utilize aha! Process Classroom and/or Parent SIMs
in the following areas:
Workshop facilitators guide participants in:
- University teacher education programs
- District-level professional development
- Individually to practice teaching skills before ever setting foot in the classroom
Building on Dr. Ruby K. Payne's accompanying book, Working with Students, discussions focus
on how the aha! Process Classroom SIMs can:
- A tour of the simulated classroom, including normal and disruptive events triggered by students, parents, and the larger system
- Addressing the events based on rules, procedures, and teacher discretion
- Analyzing the effects of their decisions in terms of classroom happiness, learning, and behavior
- Prompt conversations among veteran and new teachers
- Facilitate interaction between new teachers and their mentors
- Encourage new and veteran teachers to analyze their classroom management skills
Audience Size: No limit to number of participants.
- Each participant must have a computer on which to work.
- Recommended for teacher education students at the university level and for classroom teachers.
Needs/issues/problems addressed in this workshop:
- Working with parents
- Half-day workshop
View the Classroom SIM website
Call (800) 424-9484 or email us with questions or to book this workshop.