A teacher-friendly workshop focused on serving under-resourced students, Research-Based Strategies
provides educators with hands-on techniques that help them narrow and then eliminate the achievement
gap for all students, but especially underresourced students. Reduce your planning and response time and improve
your effectiveness. Develop more immediate, reliable intervention strategies. Address students' challenges before
they become overwhelming. We have merged many of the concepts from the Understanding Learning and
Learning Structures workbooks into this totally updated program.
This workshop provides strategies that can be readily implemented and integrated into any curriculum or program
and will raise student achievement. In this redesign, you will find:
- 50+ strategies, their explanations, and relevant research
- A chart of observed student behaviors
- Extensive bibliographic references
- A "menu" of strategies that can be used to meet the needs of today's under-resourced learners
- New strategies categorized by academic, behavioral, or communitybased concern or challenge
- An incorporation of the book Understanding Learning
Audience: Recommended for instructional staff (teachers, classroom paraprofessionals).
Audience Size: Limited to 200 participants.
Needs/issues/problems addressed in this workshop:
- Achievement gap
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- One-day workshop
- Two 1/2-day workshops
Call (800) 424-9484 or email us with questions or to book this workshop.